Sunday 26 July 2009

Flower arrangements for free

These were supposed to be the table decorations for our Lunch in the street. I had 30 bottles loaned by
my lovely milkman which I had filled with sweet-smelling flowers – roses, daisies, jasmine, honeysuckle – from my garden Unfortunately, wind stopped play and the bottles remained safely under – rather on top of – the series of tables on the pavement all covered with pastel coloured table cloths and an amazing collection of home-cooked food (recipes to follow). I took the flower arrangements home, though, where they now grace my mantlepiece. If you are feeling the squeeze in these credit crunch times, and either have a garden or have a friend with one, fill up some washed bottles (jam jars will do too) for a pretty display that costs nothing. 

Labels: